In addition to new services developed internally, ITS since 2009, has assumed responsibilities for:
- Wireless networking and support for all residence halls (Essentially doubled ITS wireless responsibilities; no increase in ITS staff; HRL billed for networking costs.)
- Synchronous Learning Management System (Responsibility for Blackboard Collaborate transferred from Continual Learning, with no funds or staff; licensing-only costs for SLMS funded by E&T Fee increase 7/1/15.)
- Campus coordination for NC Identity Management (NCID) (Responsibility for credential management taken over from several campus offices.)
- Learning Management System (Responsibility for LMS application administration and support transferred from Teaching & Learning Center, with one of the two staff positions needed; licensing-only costs transferred from Academic Affairs.)
- Management of administrative systems priority-setting and campus-wide committee structure (Responsibility transferred from Institutional/Business Affairs, with half of that manager’s salary.) Subsequently, given responsibility for campus-wide Banner training, with position.
- Full administration of WordPress for University Relations and UNCG web.
- Classroom technology (Responsibility for equipping/maintaining/planning for 186 classrooms and instructional labs transferred from Teaching and Learning Center, with partial funding and projected annual deficits of $389K; some funding obtained 2014-15, but recurring deficit remains.)
- Pre-purchase review of all University information system purchases, for efficiency, security, and single-sign-on.