Blackboard Learn is entering its final semester of use at UNCG, with over 97% of courses expected to be taught in Canvas during Fall 2015. However, a large number of organizations have not yet transitioned from Blackboard Learn, therefore Information Technology Services (ITS) will continue patches and upgrades for Blackboard Learn until the end of 2015.
2015-2016 Blackboard Learn version upgrade dates
The Academic Technology Coordination Committee (ATCC), which includes representatives from the University’s academic units, has approved version upgrades for the Blackboard Learn environment, in order to keep the system as current as possible. For the 2015-2016 academic year, only one upgrade will occur on the following dates:
- Friday, August 7th, 6pm until Sunday, August 9th, 6pm
(upgrading to Blackboard Learn version 9.1.201410)
2015-2016 Blackboard Learn standard maintenance windows (typically, the second weekend of each month)
The ATCC has also approved standard maintenance windows for the 2015-2016 academic year. These maintenance windows are used as needed for Blackboard Learn updates and patches. Downtime will not be required in all cases. In cases where downtime is required, additional notices regarding the downtime will be provided prior to the maintenance window.
- Friday, September 11th, 6pm until Saturday, September 12th, 6am
- Friday, October 9th, 6pm until Saturday, October 10th, 6am
- Friday, November 6th, 6pm until Saturday, November 7th, 6am
- Friday, January 15th, 6pm until Saturday, January 16th, 6am
Additional, smaller, periods of downtime are expected for server patching:
- Friday, September 4th, 5:30am – 7:30am
- Sunday, September 13th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Friday, January 8th, 5:30am – 7:30am
- Monday, January 18th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Last day for student, faculty and staff access to Blackboard Learn
Per the migration schedule from Blackboard Learn to Canvas (see courses.uncg.edu/timeline for details), after Saturday, January 30, 2016, students, faculty and staff will no longer have access to Blackboard Learn.