(This communication was emailed to all faculty on 5/2/2017)
If you are leaving campus for the summer, and you are not sure when you last reset your password, Information Technology Services (ITS) recommends that you consider changing your password. Taking this step now will ensure you have uninterrupted access to your user accounts and any GCN-connected laptop for a full year.
Note: You may reset your password at any time. Passwords must be reset every 365 days. Reset reminders are sent starting 15 days before a password expires.
How to reset your password
- Reset your password by using the Self-Service Password Reset Form (reset.uncg.edu).
See tips for Choosing a Strong Password. New passwords require:
- a minimum of 16 characters
- a mix of upper and lower case alphabet characters (a-z, A-Z)
- If you used your UNCG laptop to reset your password, log out of your laptop after the password reset has completed.
- Immediately login to your laptop using your new password. This login must occur while on campus and connected to the GCN network.
- If your login using the new password is successful, no further password changes should be required until your password expires after 365 days. If your new password does not allow you to login, contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) for further assistance.
ITS reminds users to never reset their password on any site except the official reset.uncg.edu website.