MyCloud is a UNCG service that offers access to applications and virtual computer desktops over the internet. MyCloud student users have access to the Student Desktop. This new service offering expands the capability of UNCG’s virtual learning space. It provides access to a full computer desktop environment that contains much of the software used for academic and research purposes (see Available Software).
- Use UNCG applications for free to complete your coursework.
- UNCG applications come preinstalled.
- Access anywhere on any device (desktop or mobile).
How to access the Student Desktop
- Login to MyCloud, with your UNCG username and password, at mycloud.uncg.edu (or see How to Access MyCloud for other access options), then click the Desktops icon at the top of the screen.
- Click the Student Desktop icon and it will open in a new window.
The environment for the Student Desktop will be similar to Windows 10. When you click the Windows Start button (bottom left) to open the menu of available software, you will see a list of application icons from which to choose.
Note: For MyCloud updates that will affect faculty and staff, see Important Updates to MyCloud for Faculty and Staff.
How you can use MyCloud
- Access applications (no downloads required)
Unlike typical application downloads, applications accessed through MyCloud do not need to be installed. This allows you to run these applications from any supported device, including PCs, Macs, and even mobile devices.
- Access virtual computer desktop space
Using MyCloud you have access to virtual computer desktop space. This provides access to much of the software that is available in the Information Technology Services (ITS) labs on campus. See virtual computer desktop space for more details.
- Some applications, depending on licensing, may be restricted to Academic or Administrative employees.
- Some applications have restrictions that prevent access from off campus networks and/or from “Non-UNCG” domain joined devices.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.