In addition to the enhancements in the new Calendar interface announced last October, Google has also improved how shared resources (meeting rooms, etc.) are managed and reserved in Calendar.
General information about shared resources set up in UNCG’s G Suite for Education:
- A unique “Resource Calendar” is established for each resource.
- The availability and booking of a resource is managed by the resource’s owner(s).
- Resources are listed under “Rooms” on the Event management screens.
Improvements to resources/rooms
- More precise data about a resource can be stored and viewed.
- The names and categorization of buildings, rooms and resources will be adjusted to reflect UNCG campus standards and Google’s data structures.
- Additional information about rooms, such as their capacity, will be available.
For most resources, this change will be automatic. Managers of resources of a more complex nature may be contacted by ITS staff for consultation prior to resource changes taking effect.
For more information about Google Calendar Resource/Room management, see
Google Support: About calendar resources (rooms, etc).
If you have questions or need more information, please contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.