Between August 9 and August 12, 2019, Information Technology Services (ITS) will upgrade the University’s Microsoft Office 365 license to provide new applications, more security, and better licensing management. The upgrade includes a licensing redistribution that ensures UNCG is in compliance with Microsoft licensing requirements.
- provides qualified University employee accounts with access to a suite of Microsoft Office 365 applications, including both the Office Online web apps and the Office Desktop apps and Power BI Pro;
- transitions non-qualified University employee accounts to a license that grants access to the Office 365 Online web apps (secondary accounts fall under this classification); and
- provides students with student versions of both the Office Online web apps and the Office Desktop apps.
Application access and functionality will not be disrupted during the license redistribution.
For information about Microsoft Office 365 at UNCG, see:
- Microsoft Office 365 @ UNCG
- Microsoft Office 365 Online Apps FAQ
- Microsoft Office 365 Desktop Apps FAQ
For technical assistance, please submit a 6-TECH ticket, call 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324), or email 6-TECH@uncg.edu.