Starting March 23, 2020, current UNCG students, faculty, and staff have Adobe Creative Cloud user licenses to use on their home computers. To meet the remote-work needs of campuses during the COVID-19 crisis, Adobe provided free, at-home Creative Cloud access to schools and colleges that only have lab access for students. Currently, the service is only available for at-home use until May 31.
This offer includes all of the Creative Cloud software available in campus labs, which is most (but not all*) Creative Cloud applications. Contact 6-TECH if you have questions about specific applications.
Download and install Creative Cloud on your home computer as follows:
- Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html.
- Click the Sign in link.
- Enter your UNCG email address (e.g. email@example.com) and click Continue.
- If given an option, select Company or School Account.
- If prompted, sign in with your UNCG credentials and complete Two-factor (Duo) authentication.
- The Creative Cloud app will download. After the download is completed, run the installation file (.exe) and follow the screen instructions for installation.
Creative Cloud software such as Photoshop and Acrobat can be downloaded from the Creative Cloud app.
- Acrobat Pro
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- Lightroom (Classic)
- XD (offline assets only)
Apps not included:
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’m seeing “Try or Buy” options on some of the Adobe website pages. Do I need to use these?
You can ignore those options. You do not need to purchase any product or provide any payment information to use the apps. After you’ve installed Creative Cloud apps, you can launch them directly using the Windows Start menu or the macOS Launcher.
- I installed the temporary at-home Creative Cloud license but don’t see all of the Adobe apps.
The Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool can be used to resolve some installation problems. For instructions and to download the tool, visit https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html.