Google has announced its new G Suite integrated workspace for the web and Android operating system. The new workspace has four distinct features:
- Chat allows users to message individuals and small groups directly.
- Rooms are spaces that include shared chat, files, and tasks to help groups collaborate more efficiently.
- Meet features upcoming meetings to view and join.
- Gmail remains the same Gmail experience current users know.
The new workspace even allows users to open, co-edit, and collaborate on documents without leaving Gmail.
Google also introduces several new tools that allow users to:
- assign group tasks;
- get notified about task updates in rooms;
- pin important rooms so they’re easier to find and access;
- set status notices like Do not disturb and Out of office;
- see files shared in a room;
- see integrated search results and toggle between Email and Chat results on the web; and
- start a new meeting or see upcoming meetings under Meet on the web.
Visit Google’s Help Center to learn more:
- G Suite Learning Center: Get started with the new integrated Gmail
- G Suite Admin Help: Set up integrated Gmail for your organization
For technical assistance, please submit a 6-TECH ticket, call 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324), or email 6-TECH@uncg.edu.