A new version of Google Sites is replacing the classic Google Sites application. Features of the new Google Sites include:
- Custom and standard templates and new site themes
- Improved text controls with more fonts, colors, and styles, and new page elements, like tables of contents and image carousels
- Better integration with other Google Workspace products
- New API capabilities, including Apps Script support, for site automation and management
Google expects school and work domain site migrations to be complete by the end of the year.
In the meantime, the classic Sites Manager will allow site owners to:
- convert Google sites to new Google sites
- bulk delete, restore, and update ownership of sites
- bulk download an archive of a selection of sites via Takeout
- bulk disable and/or re-enable the ability for users to edit a selection of sites
- reassign ownership of a site once the conversion is complete
If an individual site cannot be converted, the site owner will be notified via email.