While battling zombies and monsters, don’t let hackers get the sneak attack. Online gaming can be full of security threats to your financial and private information.
Many security strategies that apply to software and services also apply to online gaming.
- Make sure the game is legit and not a trojan horse that can collect your personal information or your money.
- Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication, when possible.
- Keep your computer clean. Only install legitimate software and games, and run antivirus services.
- Stay in character. Don’t share your name, address, phone number, or any other personal information.
More resources on safe gaming:
- National Cybersecurity Alliance’s Online Gaming Safety Tips
- Norton: Video Game Security: How to Stay Safe While Gaming
- FTC: Kids, Parents & Video Games