Who: Students, faculty, and staff who use MyCloud to access applications and virtual desktops over the internet
What: MyCloud gateway moving to the cloud
When: September 28, 2022 – October 15, 2022
On Wednesday, September 28, 2022, ITS will begin migrating the entry point (gateway) to MyCloud to a cloud-based solution, which will change how UNCG users currently access MyCloud.
- With the new gateway, the MyCloud interface will have a slightly different look and feel, but the functionality will remain the same.
- The changes only affect how MyCloud is accessed.
- The current virtual apps and desktops will remain unchanged.
This change is expected to be completed by Saturday, October 15, 2022.
The primary method for accessing MyCloud is Citrix Workspace. MyCloud users need to upgrade and configure their Citrix Workspace to accommodate the new cloud gateway.
- Between August 31 and September 28: Install Citrix Workspace app or upgrade it to the latest version (follow instructions under What You Need to Do).
- Between September 28 and October 15: Transition to the new gateway.
For detailed instructions, see MyCloud Access Changes: Required Steps.
By October 15, if you’ve installed or upgraded the app as instructed above, the new MyCloud gateway will be in place and you’ll see the new MyCloud interface.
Warning! If you do not take the steps above by October 15, your Workspace app will not work until you reset and configure the app.