Who: Students, faculty, and staff
What: Planned downtime for Banner and associated applications, including UNCGenie, Schedule Hero, and Degree Works
- March 4th @ 1:00 pm until March 5th @ noon
- March 11th @ 8:00 am until March 13th @ 8:00 am
Why: Banner infrastructure and module upgrades
What is affected:
March 4th @ 1:00pm thru March 5th @ Noon
- Infrastructure maintenance only (no new functionality)
- Admin Pages, UNCGenie (SSB) will not be available
- ODS and Banner Database reporting services will be available
March 11th @ 8:00am thru March 13th @ 8:00am
- Banner Upgrades (All services will be unavailable)
- Student functions
- including course registration, transcript requests, advising information, financial aid details and document uploads, billing/payment, changes to majors/minors, and updates to contact information
- Faculty and staff functions
- including advising tools, course/classroom scheduling, overrides/exceptions/approvals for course registration, transfer articulation, new transcript requests, viewing/lifting holds, changes to majors/minors, and HR functions.
- all staff functions will be unavailable
- Student functions
- all reporting for Banner/ODS will be unavailable
- including progress toward a degree and “What If” reports
- Schedule Hero
- including Fall and Spring course schedules, new registrations, and changes to existing schedules
- CAT and CIM (online course catalog)
- including new/amended course and curriculum updates
These upgrades are scheduled to take place during the weekend of Saturday, March 11th, 2023, outside business hours to minimize operational impact. However, there may be downtime during the business day on Monday, March 13th, 2023, for post-upgrade testing. Key users in each department will test the environment after the upgrades.
On March 13th at noon, the upgraded Banner environment will resume normal operations.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact 6-TECH at (336) 256-TECH (8324) or 6-TECH@uncg.edu.