A malicious phishing campaign that is targeting UNCG students is currently underway.
Remember the following, the ITS Service Desk (6-TECH)
- will never call and ask for your password
- will never call and ask for your MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) code
That information is yours and you must keep that information private!
The current phishing campaigns:
- threaten to disable your account unless you fill out a form with your username and password;
- threaten that you “must act on now” or your account will be disabled; and
- try to convince you that there is a mix-up with your account, and you must fill out a form providing your username and password to resolve an issue.
Don’t fall for these threats.
If you have fallen victim to this scam, please change your password immediately.
The classic themes that steal information are also currently trending
- offering fantastic work opportunities and
- offering items for sale or for free.
You can verify this information by navigating to 6-TECH.uncg.edu or by viewing the 6-TECH contact information on the UNCG Mobile app.