Who: Students, faculty, and staff
What: Planned downtime for Banner and associated applications, including UNCGenie, Schedule Hero, and Degree Works
When: Saturday, October 28, 6:30 a.m. until Monday, October 30, 8:00 a.m.
Why: Banner module upgrades
What is affected:
- Banner Upgrades (All services will be unavailable)
- Student functions
- including course registration, transcript requests, advising information, financial aid details and document uploads, billing/payment, changes to majors/minors, and updates to contact information.
- Faculty and staff functions
- including advising tools, course/classroom scheduling, overrides/exceptions/approvals for course registration, transfer articulation, new transcript requests, viewing/lifting holds, changes to majors/minors, and HR functions.
- all staff functions will be unavailable.
- all reporting for Banner/ODS will be unavailable.
- including progress toward a degree and “What If” reports.
- Schedule Hero
- including Fall and Spring course schedules, new registrations, and changes to existing schedules.
- CAT and CIM (online course catalog)
- including new/amended course and curriculum updates.
These upgrades are scheduled to take place during the weekend of Saturday, October 28, 2023, outside of business hours to minimize operational impact. However, there may be downtime during the business day on Monday, October 30th, 2023, for post-upgrade testing. Key users in each department will test the environment after the upgrades.
On October 30, at 8 a.m the upgraded Banner environment will resume normal operations.